Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Recap

Ryan caught a cold this weekend. Or, as Rachael would say, "Daddy is catching a bad kind of cold." The bad kind is when you are sick. The good kind is when you only sneeze. We had planned to go to the parade in town as a family, but Rachael and I wisely decided that Daddy was in no shape to come with us.

It was so cold! I think the temperature was 22 degrees. Brrrrr!! We bundled up and had a great time, though. I think Rachael got as much candy at the parade as she did at Halloween.


Saturday Rachael and I went over to the Recital Information Day Pizza Party at her dance school. We had pizza, made an ornament with a monkey on it, and got pumped up for the recital. We saw pictures of the darling costumes her class will wear for their number in the recital. Then we found out both the dress rehearsal and the recital are on Sundays. Oh well. She can still have fun at dance class. Plus now I don't have to shell out $60 for the costume.
On Sunday Daddy was still sick and had laryngitis. He came to sacrament meeting with us, then went home. Rachael is used to going to church with Daddy, so she cuddled up to him before church and announced that Mommy could go by herself and she would be going with Daddy. (We live about five miles from the church, but we almost always take 2 cars. We are crazy). Daddy didn't really have a choice at that point!

He doesn't look it in the picture, but Daddy is always happy when his girls are cuddly.

No comments: