
When Rachael saw this doll cake set at a cooking store, she had to have it for her birthday. She called it her "Barbie Princess Cake" and she was adamant that it look exactly like the pink doll. I figured I could make the cake, but I don't work in fondant (which is what the dress is made of) so she would have to cope with my frosting skills.

The cake pan actually holds almost two complete cake mixes. (See below, it's not quite two.)

This is what happened when I cooked two complete mixes in the pan. Next time, not quite so much. I sliced the top off and it worked just fine.

Here it is inverted on a plate. Rachael took one look at it and said, "It looks like a potato head." You know, I think she's right.

I covered it in pink frosting, dumped on some sparkling sugar, then made ruffles. After that I decorated the doll pick, then placed her on top of the cake. Voila! Cake fit for a princess.
4 comments:
That looks fabulous! I made one for Eleanor's 3rd birthday. The funniest part was the girls' reactions of horror when we went to cut the cake. Very dramatic!
Good job- I don't make cakes, so I am always impressed when others do.
you did an AWESOME job!! C LOVED looking at the pictures of it, and has decided she wants one just like it next year! ;-)
Great job! It looks fantastic! Want to come help me make a "good knight castle" cake in a few weeks??
Post a Comment