Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryan - Part I

We're into multi-part birthday celebrations around here.

Today was Part I of Ryan's birthday - the part where he cooks prime rib on the BBQ for dinner. I know it sounds awful to make him cook his own birthday dinner, but there's no way I could make prime rib the way he does. It was fabulous. In my own defense, I did make the twice baked potatoes.

And the pie! Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but this is seriously the best homemade pie crust I have ever made by myself. With from-scratch vanilla pudding, some bananas, and some Cool Whip (eeeek! some of us love real whipped cream; some love Cool Whip) it was a banana pie fit for our king.

Happy (early) Birthday Ryan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to share your recipe for your amazing crust? Mine needs help!