We started our Halloween weekend by carving pumpkins. After extensive research - meaning years of carving pumpkins - we have decided two days before Halloween is the ideal time to carve them. Rachael picked Dora to match her costume, I went with Maleficent (since I am always a witch) and Ryan chose Darth Maul.
Not too shabby!
Here she is all dressed up and ready to go! I bought the shoes earlier this summer for $3 but they are still a size too big. We bought the yellow socks, then I bought some yellow lace and stitched it on for the ruffle. I made the orange shorts myself, the T-shirt was $3 at Hobby Lobby and I got the backpack on Amazon.
Rachael had a Halloween party at school on Friday. This is a picture of her playing "Musical Chairs." She and the little girl on the same chair with her were the last two finishers in her group, and sat down together at the exact same time when the music stopped. They had to play that last round again, and Rachael won!
Here she is estimating how many candy corns are in the container. She guessed 106; there were 207. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.
Friday was also the Trunk or Treat activity. Many thanks to the Richmond ward for inviting everyone in Berea! There were so many people they had to add a couple of extra tables. The kids all had a great time. This is Rachael with her friend Aiden - they went around together.
Our trick-or-treating group! L-R: Stevie & Kindra Fulks, Josh Rayburn, Jessie Boardman, and Ryan. Rachael and Aiden in front. (Jessie is Aiden's mom and Josh is her fiance).
Long story short: Kindra wanted to take Aiden trick-or-treating, so I invited them all over plus Bishop Christensen and Louan for dinner and trick-or-treating. It was so much fun! If you want to see some pictures of them out you can read Jessie's blog about Halloween. The whole gang pictured above went out together, and Bishop, Louan and I passed out candy at home. Thanks everyone for a fun Halloween weekend!
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment