Sunday, January 16, 2011

Girls Week: Week 2

Sunday: church as usual.  After church was over the Berea Primary had a "Sunday Sundae" activity.  The kids spent all last year memorizing articles of faith, then for each one they memorized they got to choose one topping for their ice cream.  Thanks to learning the songs, Rachael has memorized 1-8 and 13, so she got to choose 9 toppings for her ice cream.  I was so proud of her hard work!

Snow Day
Monday: School and work day.  Two inches of snow is forecast for Tuesday, so I took the work computer home.  After ballet Rachael and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick out some fabric, then to dinner at KFC.  We were on the same wavelength as Ryan; he had dinner at KFC too.  14 hours before we did.  

Tuesday: School was canceled, but it didn't snow until afternoon.  We had Alex and Blake for playgroup, then made snickerdoodles in the afternoon.  We got some new firelogs for the fireplace, too.

Chocolate dessert again!
Wednesday: Another snow day, this time because of slippery roads.  Rachael went to playgroup so I ran into work for a couple of hours.  Then on a whim we decided to get her Halloween pictures taken.  (We are really on the ball, aren't we?)  In another impulsive moment we went to Carino's for dinner.  We got dinner for both of us for $20, including dessert.  Rachael got an adult dinner, which meant lots of leftovers.  

Thursday: Finally back to school. After school we worked on a new Valentines Day pillowcase (which was suppose to be our snow day project, but we were too busy).

Friday:  It was our day to babysit our friends the Tippets, so Rachael and I spent the evening at their house.  We had pigs in a blanket for dinner (well, the kids did - I took the leftovers from Carinos) and watched a movie.  Then we read books for awhile before bed.  

Saturday: Girls day out! We went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, or as Rachael calls it, Crackle Barrel. Rachael talked me into seeing Yogi bear (which was not worth the money) but she had a great time so I think it was worth it.

Post script: Girls Week #3 has been shortened to two days, because Ryan was able to get a flight home three days earlier.  Hooray! We love our girls time, but we are ready to have Ryan home.

No comments: