One of our resolutions for this year as a family is to try one new food and/or one new recipe a month. Since Ryan is getting ready for another overseas trip, we didn't want to go too far outside our comfort zone for January. I don't know where we came up with the idea, but we decided to make our own fried cheese.
The recipes were fairly straightforward and I can't believe that we have never tried this before. I cut some string cheese pieces in half, then dredged them in flour with cornmeal, then beaten eggs, then breadcrumbs, and then finally into the fryer for about 45 seconds.
They were so yummy! We will definitely make these again. Rachael absolutely loved them.
Thanks to a Relief Society activity I also got to try one new recipe this month, too. The Food Storage Club is doing four food challenges this year featuring one ingredient each time, in January we all made something with black beans. I made black bean fudge and it was good - you would not have guessed it had beans in it! If course the 3/4 cup of butter, 2 lbs of powdered sugar and 1 cup of cocoa powder probably helped.
Happy New Year!
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment