Friday, July 20, 2012

Visit to Nana's

Thursday
We started our trip to Nana's with a 9 hour drive across Wyoming. I haven't done that drive in about seven years and I can't say I missed it. At all. I did get to see some antelope though so it wasn't totally devoid of life.  The kids were pretty good in the car and I had excellent company, so although the scenery is not so great, it was a nice trip.

We stopped for dinner at Arctic Circle in Green River, which had these fun saddle seats.  And I got my fry sauce fix.

Friday
We mostly decompressed from the drive.  Nana let the kids decorate cookies and they had a ball.  I'm still surprised at how many sprinkles you can pack on one cookie.

This summer, Rachael told everyone she knew that she wanted to go to Nana's house and run through the sprinkler. So we set up the sprinkler, even though it wasn't a particularly warm day.  The kids had a great time for five whole minutes before they were done.

Saturday
Mom and I went shopping in Ogden and out to lunch, and Grandpa played with the kids.  I took this picture of them playing Star Wars Monopoly on the computer.
He also took them swimming, where Rachael jumped off the three meter (10 feet!) diving board - three times! I couldn't believe it.  I think that one is a little scary but she decided she wanted to so she marched right up and did it.  Wish I could have seen it.  A big thanks to Grandpa for playing with the kids so mom and I could enjoy some shopping.

Sunday
We went to church with Nana and Grandpa.  Rachael enjoyed their Primary.  I played the organ so Nana could sit with the kids.  That was a bigger offer than I realized... they had a missionary farewell that day so people were seated clear back into the gym.  I don't know if I have ever played in front of that many people before, especially on an organ I've never played on.

After dinner Mom and Dad and Nicholas drove Rachael and I up to Bear Lake so we could spend the night with our friends Burke and Louan.  On the way through Logan Canyon Dad stopped so Rachael could see Ricks Spring, named after her great-great-great-grandfather.

We had a wonderful visit at Nana's and as always it was over too quickly.  Can't wait to go back!

No comments: