I got to meet up with Ryan in Hong Kong at the end of his last China trip. Some of the highlights:
- I flew business class both ways (on a 15 hour flight). Thank you frequent flier miles.
- Nearly everything in Hong Kong is in both Cantonese and English, so it's not too difficult to get aroud.
- My blonde hair was the topic of conversation several times on the trip.
- First day: shopped at the outlet mall, rode a gondola to the Tian Tam Buddha, ate lunch at a neat Mexican place by the Mid Level Escalators, and rode the ferry over to Kowloon

- People in Hong Kong are very fashion conscious. I saw tons of great shoes. And very few tattoos or bare midriffs.
- Second day: Disneyland! It was amazing.
- We got automagic tickets. I would totally do that again.
- Families at Disneyland were likely to have 6-8 adults and one or two children.
- At Disney, everything is first in English and second in Cantonese.
- Some little girls in line for one of the rides practiced their English with us. They giggled too much to get any further than Hello. It was adorable.
- We watched Mickey's Philharmagic. Never have I seen so many hands reach out to try and touch 3D objects before.
- Third day: early lunch at Yorshire Pudding, double decker bus ride to Stanley Market, and our anniversary dinner at Morton's Steak House.
- I walked through a PETA demonstration wearing an animal print shirt. It was awkward.
- We found The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Hong Kong. It's next to the Maserati dealership, in case you need to find it.
- Custom printed menus at Morton's that said "Happy Anniversary."
We had a great time. A huge thanks to my sister Lesley and her husband Chad for keeping Rachael for a week so we could take the trip. We had an amazing time.
No comments:
Post a Comment