Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

Saturday the Maddens invited us over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. We started by coloring eggs.
We had 45 eggs to dye and we had a great time.  The kids even decided to have a hard boiled egg for a snack midway through.
The eggs!  Lots of colors and fun.

Ready for the hunt! We hid approximately 90 eggs in the backyard and the kids really cleaned up.

They even found the hard to reach eggs!

Saturday night Rachael and I went to see the Lamb of God oratorio at the auditorium by the Oakland Temple.  Rachael complained for 40 solid minutes before the program began (I can't see.  How long till it starts? What time is it? Did you bring me a snack? I'm bored.) Once it started, though, she was literally on the edge of her seat for the entire program.  And she fell asleep in the car on the way home.
You can't really tell, but the flowers are beautiful at the temple! Rachael was disappointed there weren't any lights like there were at Christmas.

Sunday morning: between boiling eggs, making potato salad, frosting cupcakes, making rolls, practicing the piano and working on my talk, I completely forgot that we usually do our Easter basket scavenger hunt on Saturday morning.  Oops. So we did it Sunday morning.
Lots of fun chasing the 9 clues around the house!

She found it - in the oven this year! (Don't you love her festive pajamas? I'm starting to think we need new Easter pajamas every year like Christmas.)

And our family picture in the backyard.  Happy Easter!

No comments: