Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And Fireflies

We stayed late enough fishing that the fireflies were out. I was actually kind of glad - usually Rachael is in bed before it's dark enough. When I pointed them out to her, she was so excited she ran towards them and said, "I'm going to catch one!"


Imagine my complete surprise when not two minutes later she hollered, "Got one!"

I didn't actually believe that she had one - she had to come back and show me. It was so cute! It crawled around on her hand for a few minutes before it flew off. She decided that it hung around for awhile because it probably wanted to have it's picture taken.

Rachael: I got one! I got one!

Daddy: Good job, Rachael.

Rachael: Thanks Dad! It's pretty impressive.

She seriously said that. I have it on video.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

It is pretty impressive!

Denisha said...

so adorable! I love lightning bugs!