Big Spider Season, I have discovered, starts in about August and doesn't end until the weather gets really cold. It's probably the one thing I don't like about fall here in Kentucky. This is the South, and everthing creepy and crawly is bigger. Right now there is a tomato hornworm on the tomato plant that is bigger and longer than any of my fingers... but I haven't worked up the guts to pick him off yet, because he is blocked by not one but two gigantic spider webs, guarded by two different varieties of spiders that are both bigger than a fifty cent piece.
Not only are the spiders bigger here, but most of the bugs are as well. And, we discovered tonight, so are the toads. Ryan saw this big fellow by the garage when he got home from fishing.

For a size comparison, here is where he was at. Seriously, he is bigger than my fist.

He can stay if he eats all those big bugs out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment