
First stop: a detour through Knoxville to see the Sunsphere. It was... awesome. Ryan blogged about how it was probably the highlight of the year 2009 for him. I didn't share his very high opinion but it was still fun to see. And since it has an elevator it was fun to ride up to the top. (Well, the bottom of the top... that's as far as it's open to the public. The rest is a bar [no surprise] and believe it or not some offices.)

Our next stop: something fun for dinner. We pulled together all our Dining Out money and went to Johnny Carinos, where I had some superb lobster ravioli. I ate it all. Mmmm.... yum. Maybe that's why I look like such a big goofball in this picture. Or it might be the monkey around my neck.

Something fun for Mommy: a stop at the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge. So fun!

Something fun for everyone: we drove on in to Great Smoky Mountain National Park and took pictures of the sunset.

Rachael snapped this picture of Ryan and I. I wish you could see how positively adorable she looked; perched on a post with her ankles crossed, holding up the camera and telling us to "Say Cheese!"

Here's how adorable she is in front of the mountains.

Last stop for the evening: Krispy Kreme. Hot off the line glazed doughnuts make a tasty birthday cake.
Next morning, something fun for Ryan: we shopped at Bass Pro. Rachael fell in love with a four wheeler; now she just needs to talk Grandpa R into buying it for her for Christmas.
Last stop: Outlet shopping in Pigeon Forge. With ice cream from Ben n Jerry's for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment