A couple of days ago I got a bloody nose - dry air, blah blah blah. Rachael was fascinated by the way it looked. She's hoping for one herself one day.
"One day when I'm a parent I'll get a bloody nose, too."
She doesn't "hand" things to you when you need them (or vice versa), she "handles" them:
"You handle those to me, and I'll put them away."
My favorite one lately... she has been obsessed with weddings and getting married. Somewhere she heard part of the tune, "Here Comes the Bride." I really like the version she sings to herself while she pretends to get married. (And be woe unto anyone who corrects her!)
"Here comes the bride,
There goes the groom."
Along with the wedding fascination, she asked me a few days ago if she could marry anyone she wanted. I considered it for a moment and told her she could marry anyone that could take her to the temple. (She's only four, you know). She thoughtfully considered all her options and announced, "I choose Alex."
Look out, Alex. You've been betrothed.
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment