Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

Since it was just the three of us for Thanksgiving Dinner, I thought you might like to virtually join us for the meal...
Rachael has a homemade roll, and is ready for some raspberry freezer jam

And of course, we had our jello.

The gravy! Easily the best turkey gravy I have made yet. Years of practice are not going to waste here.

And the garlic mashed potatoes. Very tasty, (yukon golds - yum!) but the one low point on the table this year. My pressure cooker is acting crazy, so I panicked that perhaps it was overcooking the potatoes, when in fact they were not quite done. Which left a few "crunchy" bits in the mashed potatoes. Oh well.

Ryan's famous sausage & mushroom stuffing.
(It has made me a convert to homemade stuffing, over Stove Top).

New for this year... cranberry pomegranate sauce. Delicious.

The
pièce de résistance... brined turkey.

And everyone's favorite - pumpkin pie! With your choice of whipped cream or it's evil relative, Cool Whip.

Thanks for joining us!

No comments: