Monday, July 26, 2010

I want to remember...

... that last Friday Rachael spent the whole time at the pool jumping off the steps, into the water, completely immersed.  It's not the first time she has been completely underwater, but it is the first time she did it herself.  And liked it.  Enough to repeat the performance for 2 hours.  She might yet learn to swim.

...that Sunday morning I pulled Rachael into my lap to cuddle for a minute and realized she is getting to be almost too big to snuggle.  She'll always be our girl, but she sure doesn't fit into my lap very well anymore.

...that a couple of days ago the Bishop asked her the biggest word she knew, and she popped right back with, "Atonement.  That's a big word, right mom?"

... that Rachael wants "zowing" (sewing) lessons.  From here on out I will have to remind her it was her idea.  Ditto for piano lessons.

...that she can already tie her own shoes.  She learned how in about two weeks.  Which is waaaay less time than it is taking for potty training.

...that Sunday I braided her hair in a circle around her head.  She thought she looked as pretty as a princess.  (So did I.)  And last night when we took it out, it was a crazy as you can imagine.


... and that this morning she had a quick shower to wash her hair because it was beyond impossible to comb.  When her babysitter arrived this morning, she told her, "My hair was a major catastrophe, so I had to have a shower."

No comments: