Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dentist

Rachael had her first cavity filled last week.  (Probably a result of not enough brushing and too much apple juice... these are the breaks when you are five.)  The visit to the dentist went really well! They gave her strawberry-scented laughing gas and filled the cavity in no time.  I was very impressed.

As she was finishing up, the dentist said I should watch Rachael to make sure she didn't chew on her lip, but also that the numbness would go away in about an hour.  We made it home from the appointment just in time to catch the bus, so I went ahead and sent her to school.  Bad idea... she came home with her lower lip looking like someone punched her.
Poor baby! Lots of Tylenol, ice, popsicles and anything else we thought would work.  She's developed a bit of a lisp trying to talk around it, but now that we are a few days out, it's looking much better.  And next time I will have her eat lunch at home before I send her to school.   IF I send her to school.

We tried to make a fun weekend anyway with pink cupcakes.  Everything feels better with pink cupcakes, right?

No comments: