Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day weekend

Rachael and I went to the pool on Saturday.  It was rather cool that day - a pleasant change! - so the pool was pretty empty.  We splashed around for a little over an hour, but I finally had to talk Rachael into heading home because her teeth were chattering so hard.  My bribe for leaving? Ice cream.

Sunday right after church we headed out to Gatlinburg.  We drove through Knoxville to Maryville and on to Townsend, which is a slightly different route than we usually take.  We forgot to charge the DVD player so Rachael had to do the whole trip with things from her travel bag and watching stuff on my ipod.  It was a nice drive and a great way to avoid the traffic in Pigeon Forge.
We always take a family picture when we visit the Smokies! (I love the remote shutter release for my xTi).  I also took a picture of Rachael at Newfound Gap - one day she might think it was cool to stand on the line bewteen North Carolina and Tennessee.
(Note the elevation.  Not even as high as Denver! The Mile High City is 5280 ft above sea level.)

Monday we went shopping! We started at Bass Pro Shop in Kodak, but we also hit the Christmas Store and of course the Tanger Outlet stores.  I had a great time and Ryan and Rachael were good troopers.  Rachael saved up her allowance so she could buy a toy at the Disney store - she chose a small Lady dog. 

On the way home we had to sit in stop and go traffic in Pigeon Forge.  It was hot.  Hot. HOT.  120 on the thermometer in the car, in case you can't tell.  

Overall it was a fun weekend.  Next year, though... are there factory stores in Alaska?

No comments: