Tuesday:
- Ryan flew on Delta and Rachael and I flew on American. It was cheaper that way - and had the makings of a great Jensen trip.
- Longest flight delay was less than an hour. (A triumph these days for air travel).
- We ate at In N Out for dinner.
- Utah (and Idaho) are incredibly green and pretty.
- The iPod battery lasted the whole day.
Wednesday:
- Nana, Ryan, Rachael and I went to Logan for lunch and shopping.
- Costa Vida is still awesome.
- Sweetly Divine is still epic. Rachael's face while browsing the pastries was sublime.
- On a whim we visited the Logan Tabernacle. Which turned out to be really neat.
- I bought horseradish cheese from Gossner's.
- Rachael got a berry blue ice cream cone.
- Rachael got to run through the sprinkler at Nana's house; something she was really looking forward to!
Thursday:
- We sent Grandpa and Ryan golfing. They had fun.
- The girls went shopping in Logan, to get a craft project. But we ended up spending all our time shopping. A happy accident.
- We went to Maddox for dinner. I took zero pictures. But it was delicious.
- And we got Ryan a cool souvenir hat from Maddox.
Friday:
- Grandma picked up Rachael and Ryan and they went to Idaho together.
- Nana and I spent the entire day shopping and eating. The. Entire. Day.
- We had lunch at the fabulous Les Madelines. We ate Kouing Aman. It was the highlight of the day. Thank you Lynn Phillips.
- We had dinner at Warrens in Ogden. Which was a close second. The reuben sandwich was lovely.
Saturday:
- Ryan came to pick me up in Tremonton. We had lunch at Arctic Circle.
- Rachael got to have a girls day with Aunt Lynn and Aunt Lorie. Girls days with mom are never going to measure up, I fear. They had a great time.
- We watched six of seven nephews play on the waterslide. (The baby napped.)
- We had pizza for dinner. I made marshmallow brownies for dessert.
- We worked out recipes for the next version of the family cookbook.
- The nephews put on a pretty good fireworks show.
Sunday:
- Family pictures. The entire family was happy and cooperative. So happy we documented it!
- Leg of lamb for dinner. Everyone that tried it liked it. Rachael ate more than I did.
- Family dinner with all 15 members of the Ricks family. I took a picture and completely left Declan out of it. (Love you Declan!)
- Rachael made a big girl decision to keep the sabbath day holy by not swimming with the boys. It was hard. She did a great job. Everyone helped entertain her in other ways so she didn't feel left out.
- Daddy installed Angry Birds on the iPod. Rachael is hooked. [She spent over an hour playing it on the flight home.]
Monday:
- I made two pans of cinnamon rolls on Sunday night for breakfast Monday morning. Win.
- Aunt Lynne and her four boys left for SLC.
- We took the kids to see Cars 2. (Rachael saw Tangled with the girl cousins, so it is only fitting she should see Cars 2 with the boys).
- Daddy stayed at the house to visit with Grandpa.
Tuesday:
- Left for home. Flights were in the middle of the day, so we didn't have to leave in the middle of the night from Idaho.
- Met Nana on the way to the airport to get my precious horseradish cheese.
- She also gave us cheesecake, which Rachael and I ate for lunch.
- Rachael and I found a kids play place in the Dallas airport.
- I had Fried Green Beans at TGI Fridays for dinner. Yum.
- We brought home a 65 pound cooler full of beef.
- We made it home safe and sound. And parking was only $63.
Whew! Off we go on Sunday for another adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment