
Sunday
- we left at about 2 pm for the 9 hour drive, because we are crazy like that.
- somehow Ryan and I both missed the exit for I-81; perhaps because it was 10 pm when we went by it.
- luckily we hit Highway 15 before we drove all the way in to Frederick. Or Baltimore.
Monday
- Kira took a dozen pictures and changed a handful of settings in two minutes on my point and shoot camera. It was worth it.
- The kids played dress-up; Kaelyn decided Uncle Ryan needed a pirate hat. Then she gave him pirate-speak lessons: Say Arrgh! This continued every day we were there, sometimes even without the hat.
- Free 7.11 ounce slurpees on 7-11 day!
Tuesday
- We went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
- We saw a blue-tongued skink. We learned about skinks in Maryland. We promptly forgot everything we learned because none of us live in Maryland.
- Rounded out the day with a stop at McD's for dinner and time at the playplace. We are the greatest parents ever.- I made Harry Potter style wands before we wend out and handed them out to everyone. They were a hit.
Wednesday- Girls Day! With me, Rachael, Lesley and Anika. Yay! Lunch at Fridays and shopping at the outlet mall.
- Rachael tripped and skinned both knees. Turns out a frozen banana makes everything feel better.
- Rachael and Anika got their ears pierced. (More on this in another post).
- Ryan went fishing at one of his 50 Places to Fly Fish Before You Die. Two down, 48 to go. I guess he will have to live until he's 120.
- We left Rachael with Lesley and Chad and headed to Philly.
- We saw Indepdence Hall (from the outside, we forgot to preorder tickets and of course they were all gone).
- We saw the Liberty Bell. And shopped for souvenirs.
- We walked 12 blocks for authentic Philly cheesesteaks. We were not disappointed.
- Our main purpose that day: the U2 Concert! (More on this in another separate post). It was great.
- We spent the night in a hotel so we wouldn't have to drive 2.5 hours back to Egglestons at midnight.
- Good thing, because it took us 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot.
Friday
- We drove back to Lesley's house. Through Lancaster.
- I made lemon cake with lemon filling. Kaelyn demanded a candle and singing before she would eat any.
- Lesley and I took a fast shopping trip together. I think we only made it to Lane Bryant. It was worth it.
Saturday
- Home again, home again.
- Rachael was tired in the car so I suggested a nap. So she took one. I just thought that should be documented because she hasn't done that in years.
We had a fantastic trip - thanks Egglestons! - and we are looking forward to going back for Anika's baptism in September!





No comments:
Post a Comment