I hope I can post more often than once a month... but if not, once a month is better than none!
We sold our washer and dryer. The house we are renting already has a set and it will be a perfect excuse to buy a brand new set when we buy a home of our own. Bye bye dryer that eats buttons... don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Rachael had her first day of school - again! This is her third (and hopefully last) school for second grade. Fortunately she got another wonderful teacher and the transition was fairly smooth. I suspect we will have trouble with double digit subtraction in the future, but today I'm happy that she's happy.
Ryan went to China for a week (only a week!) so Rachael and I went to Panda Express for dinner. She played with chopsticks for awhile but ate most of her food with her fingers.
All the kids had a day off of school for Martin Luther King Jr Day, so Lorie and I took the kids to the zoo and then to the park. I tried to ride on this spinning wheel with the kids but I ended up literally flat on my back. Fortunately I didn't fall from too far and the only thing injured is my pride.
This makes us feel homey - homemade pizza! Rachael's accidentally ended up in the shape of a heart. It really was an accident, I don't think I could shape it that way on purpose.
The lemons. Not the proverbial ones, but real lemons! We have two trees on the side of the house and they are producing like gangbusters right now. So far we have made lemonade and lemon bars, now I'm off to try more lemonade recipes and put a lemon in my Diet Coke.






No comments:
Post a Comment