First order of business today: Dance Recital!
We worked on recital hair and makeup in the morning. We are getting much better at hair, but we could still use a little work on mascara.
Rachael's tap class danced to "Pinkatastic" (from Pinkalicious the Musical) and they were fantastic. Rachael remembered all the steps and even remembered to smile.
(I video taped the performance but my firewire cable is broken, so I will have to get a new one this week. )

Rachael was so excited to get two flowers after the show this year! We also got a picture with her teacher, Ms. Ashley.
Up next: Birthday Party!
After the recital we went changed Rachael's clothes and went straight a birthday party for her friend, Connor Pressly. They met on the bus on the first day of school and have been fast friends ever since. Connor had his birthday party at KidZone, somewhere Rachael has been dying to go since she heard about it. (I should have brought some cold cream too; she had to go to the birthday party in full recital makeup. I think she had more eye makeup on than I did!)
The kids got to play for about an hour on the inflatables, then there was a magician. His sleight-of-hand was pretty good but his stage presence could use a little work, but the kids loved it and thought he was hilarious. He had a trick where he kept producing golf balls from his mouth, and they just laughed harder and harder every time he got another one out.
After the magician there was pizza, then a cool solar system birthday cake. The kids all looked great with black frosting - there was a Kodak moment I missed. The kids all got some tokens to use in the game area. I also taught Rachael how to play ski ball. She didn't do so well with that but she got pretty lucky on a couple of the other games and ended up with 62 tickets all together. She got a temporary tattoo, a candy bracelet, and a necklace for her tickets. The magician was also out making balloon animals and he did a purple poodle for Rachael. She was enchanted.
I was dying of thirst after the party, so we stopped by Sonic for a drink and an ice cream cone. I bought a Route 44 sized drink. And finished it. At home Rachael asked if she could play in the new sprinkler, and I figured since she would need a bath anyway that she might as well have some fun. She only lasted about 45 minutes but she had a good time.
And finally: Haircut!
After dinner she had a bath we decided we would cut her hair. I had been planning to do that anyway at some point after the recital, and Rachael was excited about it so I figured we should jump on that.
Before:
After:
Whew! What a day! I hope next Saturday isn't half this busy.






1 comment:
What a cute beautiful girl
Post a Comment