Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spa Day

One of the things Rachael wanted to do when Daddy was out of town was to have a Spa Day, a la Fancy Nancy in Ooh La La Beauty Day.  Here are some of the things she wanted to do:
  • facials
  • manicure, with lots of choices for polish
  • pedicure, with marbles in the water
  • have relaxing music
  • read fashion magazines with fancy French names (maybe Elle? or Vogue?)
  • towels with 
  • brooches pinned on to wrap our hair
  • fruit and yogurt parfaits, with granola
We shopped for a few things we would need, like facial masques and magazines.  We ended up with a bridal magazine because we couldn't find any fancy fashion magazines. (Cosmo does not count and is not available to a 6 year old).

I have figured out that she wants to do a spa day, but she gets bored of being a grown up quickly, so we are doing the spa day in pieces.  Today we had pedicure day - even though we never found any marbles to put in the water.

We started with a spa treat: strawberry and yogurt parfaits (with strawberries from the garden!) and Shirley Temples.
 Then we soaked our feet in warm water with eucalyptus bath salts.  Then I showed her how to exfoliate her feet, and after we dried off I massaged her feet with lotion. I painted her toes with sparkle pink polish.
She even returned the favor!  We had a lot of fun... two more spa days to go!

No comments: