A few weeks after the start of kindergarten last year, Rachael asked if she could have her ears pierced. I told her it hurt to have them pierced, and she dropped the idea for awhile. Ryan and I discussed it; I wanted her to be old enough to take care of her ears herself, and he wanted her to want to have it done badly enough to take the pain of the piercing. Lesley and I also talked about Anika getting her ears pierced too; Anika had kind of decided on her own that the age of 8 would be a good time.We tossed around the idea of taking them together to get it done sometime, but never really set anything in stone.
Fast forward a few months, and the four of us are shopping at the factory stores for a Girls Day. Which has a Claire's (or the Necklace Store, as it was known around our house). We walked in and Lesley pointed out that they had the chair for ear piercing. I asked Rachael if she wanted it done, and she enthusiastically said yes! Anika was not so sure, so Rachael climbed right up into the chair. I promised to hold her hand. The assistant manager at Claire's had me sign some paper work, we picked out the earrings Rachael wanted, then the clerk marked dots on Rachael's ears where the earrings would be.
A quick "before" snapshot and then her ears were pierced! First one ear and then the other; Rachael did a great job of holding still. She didn't even cry!
(Although you will notice she is not smiling quite as much.) After Anika watched Rachael get her ears pierced, she decided it didn't look to rough, so she climbed up in the chair too.
Anika didn't cry either! They picked out similar earrings, both are crystal flowers. Rachael's are multicolored and Anika's are light purple.
I think this will be a fun memory for them when they get older. Now we just have to survive the six weeks that the earrings need to stay in the ears.
A few days later with happier smiles. Cute girls with cute ears!
1 day ago





1 comment:
Now it will have to be the "necklace & earring store" Can't wait for our next girl outing!
Post a Comment