Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cookie Pie

We had Kitchen Class with Blake and Alex today for playgroup. But first, we stopped by to see the new baby.
This is Rachael's genuine "I am happy" smile.  It's the one I'm usually trying to get when I end up with her "cheese" face.

After we walked back to our house, we moved the mixer to the table and got out all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookie pie.  (If you have never made this, you should stop reading now and go make one.  Seriously.)  All three kids got a half a stick of butter.  More recipes should start like that. 
After we washed the butter off of everyone's hands we took turns putting in the rest of the ingredients.

And of course we all had to help lick the beater and the bowl.
Yummy! I tried to teach the kids to flute the edge of the pie crust but that didn't really go well.  Maybe again in a year or two.  (They want to push the dough too hard, or flute every inch and a half or so, or whatever).  Then we baked the pie for an hour.
Three kids and a piping hot pie!

No comments: