We had a great visit with Ryan's parents last week. We went out for dinner, did a little shopping, took in some Kentucky sights, and enjoyed visiting with each other. Rachael impressed everyone with her reading skills and she was delighted to have a captive audience of four all the time.
Merrilee and I went to Tater Knob pottery and watched David throw a mug. (He said the next day they would be adding handles.) We enjoyed our stop and Merrilee got a lovely piece that was fired in a wood-fired kiln.
Rachael did all her reading homework with Grandpa over the weekend. She read a chapter book that was five chapters long. Grandpa patiently sat with her for all of it. (I love how they still fit together in the recliner. I'm sure that can't last for much longer!)
We took Rachael out of school Friday and we all went to Churchill Downs; I'll blog that in another post.
On Saturday we took a picnic to the lake and Rachael did some fishing. She caught one keeper when she hooked her dad in the arm. Grandma and I took Rachael shopping and Grandma got her some new summer clothes; I didn't think to take any pictures. She got a dress with butterflies in all shades of the rainbow and a skirt with a giraffe print on it.
For Mother's day, Grandpa had Rachael help him make a card. He told Rachael what he wanted to say in a card and she did all the artwork. It was adorable.
Thanks for coming to visit, Grandma and Grandpa! We had a great time!
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment