On Friday Rachael and I took him to see the Battle of Richmond site and we walked around the loop there, then we went to the museum on Hwy 25 and Hwy 421. It was in a small house there but I was impressed with the artifacts they had on hand. Even Rachael thought some of it was interesting. She was very well behaved and let Grandpa and I take all the time we wanted.
After the museum tour, we went out to lunch and went shopping at TJ Maxx. We got Grandpa his Father's Day shirt while we were there!
That night we went to the Reds game because they were playing the Rockies. It was kind of fun to see a Rockies game on the road, well, for the Rockies fans anyway. (Dad has been a Rockies fan since the franchise started. We used to go see the Denver Bears play when I was a kid, before the Rockies were even there.) Rachael decided she was a Reds fan and was disappointed when they lost, but eased the pain with fireworks after the game. I can't believe how late we stayed out but fortunately Rach slept in the car the whole way home.
Thanks for visiting Grandpa!



No comments:
Post a Comment