Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Corvette Museum

We took an overnight trip to Bowling Green, KY for a quick vacation.  Here is our trip to the Corvette Museum...

Rachael was so excited to go on our trip!

Here we are!  Rachael thinks the red pointed part looks like a church steeple.  Corvettes are probably a religion for some people, I guess.

Going for a pretend drive.

The philosophy of the museum.

The '63 split window.  Unique.

Rachael's favorite.  Yes, that really is a custom pink Corvette.  With lace.

The Corvette she got to keep.
One day when she says, "You never let me do anything fun!" I'm going to remind her that I took her to Bowling Green and bought her a Corvette.

The museum was really quite interesting.  They had so many Corvettes! And the only 1983 Corvette in existence.  In the atrium part of the building (directly behind Rachael in the last picture) they had the "Corvette nursery," brand-new Corvettes waiting patiently for their new owners to come and drive them away.  After we had finished in the museum we happened to see one guy come and pick up his new car and drive it right on out.  Ryan was only slightly (incredibly) jealous.

1 comment:

Erica said...

When I was a kid my family visited that museum. I still remember it- pretty fun!!