Last week when Ryan was out of town I let Rachael be the mom for an evening. She always says she wants to be the mom so she can make the rules, so I thought she should see if the grass is greener.
Her job was to make dinner that night: french toast. She did a pretty good job of making up the mix.
She then got to dip the bread in and place the pieces on the griddle. (Flipping them on the griddle is still a job for someone bigger, even if you are pretending to be the mom). I'm sure she was telling me something really important in this picture.
She also set the table and got the syrup out of the pantry herself. At dinner, I told her we needed something to drink, so she hauled her stepladder into the kitchen and got two glasses out of the cupboard, then the milk from the refrigerator. (No pictures - I was too amused to remember.)
The best part? At the end of the meal, she reminded me it was the daughter's job to clear the table.
So I did.
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment