Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break

A quick overview of our spring break this year...

Monday: Ryan had to work, so Rachael and I had a play date with the Jasinski boys.  Most of my pictures didn't turn out (the iPhone has yet to come up with a camera that can keep up with a toddler) but I did get this cute picture of Rachael holding Jaron.

 Tuesday: Ryan took the day off and we drove up to Indianapolis by way of Louisville.  We shopped our way there, stopping at Bass Pro in Clarksville and lunch at Famous Dave's, then power shopping at the Edinburgh Factory Outlet shops.  Rachael is decidedly not a fan of power shopping but we got her a cute new dress for summer so it wasn't a total loss for her. Ryan got a new Columbia shirt and I got a cool new immersion blender.   We spent the night in a hotel in Indy - the novelty of sleeping in a hotel is still fun for Rachael.

Wednesday: We had breakfast at Burger King. It had a unique play area that was full of video games instead of indoor play equipment.  I let Rachael check it out and she came to the same conclusion that I did - it was kind of a waste of time.  Then we headed over to our destination for the day: the Children's Museum. 
 My favorite - the water clock.  This was so interesting to watch! Quite a crowd gathered to watch it change from 12:59 (when all the glass is full) to 1:00.  The entire process took nearly five minutes.

That's my girl - go to someplace designed to overstimulate children, and she wants to sit and read books.

 Here's the overstimulation: a carousel ride.  She was nervous because that horse started out really far off the ground.  After the ride started she had a good time. 

Ryan's favorite - the Lego exhibit.  It was neat.

 We found a slide! Two or three, actually.  I loved this smile.

And the gift shop.  Rachael found the corner with all the Barbies and was in heaven.  (The museum had a Barbie exhibit that ended the week before we were there.)

Thursday: Ryan had to go back to work. Rachael and I spent the day running errands and playing at home.  It was a nice break.

Friday: Rachael had a cavity filled at the dentist in the morning, so we ended the week on a high note in the afternoon with a trip to the park.  Love that toothless smile!

No comments: