Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Braden & Grandpa!

Yesterday was Rachael's cousin Braden's birthday - he's 4 - and today is Grandpa's birthday. Lorie and I had a "friendly" competition to see which baby would be born first four years ago. Rachael was due on March 4 and Braden a couple of days later, but Lorie was actually scheduled to leave her job before I left mine. (She was pregnant and wanted a couple of weeks at home before the baby was born, I was not pregnant and just waiting on our birthmother, so I decided to try to stay busy). Thanks to Rachael's great sense of urgency, not only did she arrive first (and three weeks early) but I got to quit my job first, too.

That first year was so fun to see how alike yet how different our babies were. In May 2005 we got together for the first time and took a few pictures. I was going to save this for Flashback Friday, but it's such a great picture and has both our birthday boys in it.


Happy Birthday Braden! Happy Birthday Grandpa! We love you both!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I love that picture - it's one of my favorites! Thanks for the birthday wishes!