Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Major Cuteness

When we first signed up Rachael for ballet, I had nightmares about garish pink tutus and ballet slippers with miles of ribbon ties. Fortunately, ballet isn't quite that archaic; the clothes are comfortable and come in several colors (although, of course our girl chose ballet pink), and the shoes just slip on.

But now we have the recital costume.

(Note: we are missing the recital in a few weeks because it is on a Sunday. But the girls get their pictures taken in their recital costumes, and there's an extra costume for Rachael. Aren't we lucky.)

It's pink. Flaming pink. With bright yellow. You know, the stuff ballet nightmares are made of.

I'm totally chagrined to admit this: She. Looks. CUTE.
At least she still wears regular shoes.

This week we will be working on hair to go with the "hat" and finding the right tights. More pictures to come on Saturday.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Cute is an understatement! Although, I wouldn't mind the garish pink tutus & miles of ribbon ballet slippers either. Please please please send me a picture of it. It'll offset all the blue & boys on my bulletin board nicely!

Lauren said...

ha ha ha NICE! I love it - she looks like quite the little performer! :D