Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Trip, Day 3

I woke up every single day in time to see the sunrise. (Apparently I couldn't get off of my own time zone.) Here's proof...

We went up to Island Park, Idaho for the day. Ryan, his dad, and his Uncle Roger all floated Box Canyon, but there are no pictures. Lorie and I were feeling really brave and decided we could take all three kids on a canoe and float part of Henry's Fork. Don't the kids look thrilled to go?

Ahh.... this is a much better view.

We shallowed up a couple of times, so I had to jump out and haul us back into the river. At least everyone seems to be enjoying themselves a little more.

When the going gets tough... give the oars to the kids.


A highlight of the trip: we saw a moose! It was at one of the busiest places on the river; I was a little surprised.

We survived the river without tipping over! To celebrate, all the kids jumped in the river. So much for dry clothes. Good thing we brought a change of clothes for them.

No comments: