Friday, April 30, 2010

Derby Hat

As you can tell from the previous post, we have a tradition of making Rachael a hat to celebrate the Derby every year. We make her hat during the week, we take a few pictures, then on Derby day everyone picks a horse and we cheer for our favorite. (We don't place any bets - we would be waaaay to far in the red if we did!)

A few weeks ago Rachael and I were out shopping and we found lots of displays of ladies hats.  (I'll bet other stores across the country don't stock near the volume of hats as we get here in April. I digress.)  Rachael came across this beauty, so we used it as inspiration for her hat this year.
I love the Star Wars shirt too.  We are nothing but high fashion.

Drumroll please...

The 2010 Derby hat! Blue with pink and covered in sparkles.  She stuck on most of the sparkles herself.  Fancy Nancy would approve.


Rachael has picked her horse for this year:
Make Music for Me
(I would like to note that this is the first year she has chosen her horse based on the name, instead of on the color of the silks the jockey will wear.)

I haven't decided for sure yet, but my three favorites are Sidney's Candy, Paddy O'Prado and Devil May Care.

No comments: