Easter fun started almost two weeks ago for Rachael. Building Blocks preschool had their Easter party a week early because they were on spring break this past week. Rachael had to take 10 candy filled eggs; the kids all went on a hunt for all the eggs. Apparently there is no equal distribution of the wealth there - she came home with 25 eggs!
We colored eggs for Family Night on Monday, then decorated them with markers and stickers on Tuesday.
Little Hands had their Easter party this past Thursday. They also did an egg hunt, but the kids were limited to finding 10 eggs each. For party days they always have pizza and cupcakes for lunch. Love that pink frosting!
This is Rachael's class getting ready to play the next game. (Jackson, Rachael, Charlie, Clark & Jessica).
Saturday morning I did a picture scavenger hunt for Rachael to find her Easter basket. It took her the first two clues to figure out how it worked, but after that she was off! I took pictures of each location with my camera, then printed them out (on the laser printer). In each location I put the picture of the next location; there were eight all together.
(Yes, she is wearing her Christmas nightgown.)
Found it!
Instead of hunting for eggs around the house, we went to the Easter Eggstravaganza hosted by the city. It was a lot of fun! Rachael's favorite thing is probably the inflatable slide. She will stand in line forever to go on it.
She also got a flower painted on her face. (I love the expression of the Kappa Delta Tau girl - she looks like she has seen one too many kids already today.)
Rachael waited so patiently for her flower. It turned out pretty cute!
The egg hunt isn't so much of a hunt as a free-for-all. They scatter eggs and candy all over the softball field. And don't you just love the duck hat??
The four and five-year-olds cleared the field in about 90 seconds. No joke. Our friends Burke and Louan were there watching, and they counted. Rachael got plenty of candy, though, and thought it was a lot of fun. Ryan's favorite part was watching a lady on the field with a big bag, scooping everything in sight into it. She didn't even have any kids around her.
We rounded out the party by driving the fire truck. Well, pretending anyway.
After the Easter festivities in the morning, Rachael and I went over to her dance school to learn how to put her hair in a bun. Not just any bun - one that will survive a three hour dance recital. Rachael was so thrilled to get chosen as a hair model. I learned a lot of things: you can't have too much gel or hairspray, how to use a sock top to make a bun (very clever!) and that Rachael will sit still and not complain for someone else to fix her hair.
When we got home we practiced show makeup, too. I need more practice. But this face earned a solid disapproval look from Daddy, so I must have done something right.
Happy Easter!
1 day ago












1 comment:
I'm so glad they are doing the recital on a Saturday this year so Rachael can be in it. She looks so cute with her hair and make-up done. Last year we had to get some good old fashioned cold cream to get it all off. Gotta love the stage!!
Post a Comment