Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 1

Last Tuesday we said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa, who went home to Idaho, and to Daddy, who took a business trip Taiwan.  He was suppose to be home this Saturday but instead he gets to go to China for a week on Friday.  He has been very very busy in Taiwan, but they did get to do a field trip to Taipei 101, which was the tallest building in the world until just a few months ago when it was surpassed by a skyscraper in Dubai. (This is not his picture, by the way.)

Rachael and I have been keeping busy, too.  In answer to the question, "How are you doing with just the two of you," here are some answers:


Eating well.
Finishing the leftovers. (They were really good! We had pulled pork, potato salad, parmesan chicken, and all kinds of great stuff.  It was almost a week before I had to really cook something!)








We updated our Disney DVD collection.

We keep ourselves busy on Saturdays - last Saturday, a fun new movie.  (Note to self: 3D glasses are not made for small children.)

A girls day out is hardly complete for Rachael and I if we don't stop at our favorite, Qdoba.  We were going to eat on the patio but then the wind picked up. Still, it was a lovely day!

In the evenings, I have been catching up on my chick flicks.

We also have worked in the yard, cleaned the house, and hosted a girls night with my friends.  No shortage of fun distractions.

Since Ryan's trip has been extended, it looks Like Rach and I will be planning at least one more Saturday together. 

Road trip anyone?

No comments: