Saturday we took a drive into Lexington - the long way, down Tates Creek Road and over the Valley View Ferry. (Random Kentucky factoid: the ferry has been operating for 210 years. Really!)
Grandpa had never been on the ferry and was decidedly against it. He does not like the sensation of sitting in the truck, floating down the river.
We stopped for lunch at Five Guys, then we went to the Arboretum at the University of Kentucky.
They always have such beautiful trees and flowers. I lined up Grandma, Rachael and Grandpa for a picture, and Grandpa thought he would be silly. Good thing I'm quick with the camera (occasionally!) or I would have never captured this gem. I do have one where he is standing up, but this one is so much better. He spent most of the weekend doing anything to make her giggle, including dancing around the house. (Wish I had a picture of that one!)
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment