Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday

Snow

Today in Richmond the temperature is a balmy zero degrees and we have a light dusting of snow. School, of course, is canceled. My friends and family out West are always in disbelief over how little snow it takes to cancel school here - sometimes even the forecast of snow is enough. I've been here three years now and it still makes me laugh.

So I dug out a picture from when we lived in Colorado. This is how much snow it takes before things start getting canceled out West. I did manage a couple of days off of work from this storm!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Was that the March 2003 storm?? I don't miss that one bit! And I'd probably be complaining about the meager 1 inch you're getting! Take a peek at our weather here: http://skiyoulater.blogspot.com/2009/01/come-to-california.html
(my friend Brigitta's blog)...

Kristin said...

Yes that was the March 2003 storm. It was awesome.
And I don't really want to hear about your lovely January weather, thank you. :P

Jessie said...

I am with you on this one. When we were in Illinois we had at least 4 inches the whole winter. Schools didn't care and buses ran in -10 degrees commonly. Ah, memories! Aiden is very confused why she hasn't gotten to play in the snow this winter.

Kelsey Bacon said...

Oh Kristin! Thank you for this post! Here in England things get cancelled if there is too much RAIN!!! Can you imagine cancelling for RAIN in ENGLAND??? They don't really believe me when I say we used to walk in snow like that in Colorado. I am NOT INSANE!!! Kristin is my witness at last!