Today is the start of perhaps the worst ice storm we have seen since we moved here. I know it doesn't look like much, but it's at least a half inch of solid ice on everything. I make jokes all the time about how school gets canceled because of a skiff of snow, but this ice is serious stuff. Even the university here canceled classes today. Don't worry about us, though; we're all set.
Ryan has the perfect work-from-home scenario going. (Note the two different laptops, the TV remote, and the Wii remote. I'm sure he's hiding a Diet Coke somewhere).
And we have a lovely pot of leftover homemade chicken noodle soup (seriously homemade: we roasted the chicken last Sunday and I made the egg noodles from scratch) and a nice warm pan of fresh rolls to keep us going.
We just hope the power doesn't go out for too long... we're a little low on firewood. Might have to start burning the scrap heap from Ryan's workshop.
If you know us at all you know we took tons of pictures of the ice. Check Ryan's blog or Kristin's blog for more icicle pictures.
1 comment:
Unbelievable! Definatly something that Colorado hasn't ever seen.
Post a Comment